Current COVID-19 client requirements
- When making personal service appointments, clients will now have to perform the following:
- Clients must self-screen for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 before arriving.
- Clients should not plan on bringing other guests with them, unless they are bringing children younger than 16 for an appointment.
- Clients should advise personal service providers via call, email or text that they have arrived at the location for the appointment, and are waiting for instructions to enter.
- Walk-in appointments are not permitted. Clients should call to see if they can be accommodated as waiting in the lobby will not be permitted except where otherwise noted in the Exposure Control Plan. If service is available at the time, the walk-up guest will need to answer questions regarding COVID-19 exposure and health, and put on a mask before entering the location.
- Clients should put on a face-mask prior to leaving the vehicle, and they should be prepared to wash their hands for at least 20 seconds prior to starting their service.
- The service provider will wear a clean cape or gown, as well as providing each client with a clean cape or gown. They must be laundered as noted in the Exposure Control Plan, or be disposable and thrown away after a single use.
- Payments for service should be through credit or debit cards or a touch-less system to reduce the handling of cash.
- Shampoo bowl etiquette includes covering the face of the client with a towel while shampooing to protect their mouth, nose and eyes.